Business Development Representative
The “Business Development Representative” is the first line of our Sales team, especially at our phase of business as a fast growing start-up. This person initiates contact and builds relationships with prospective customers in order to increase our lead conversion. The BDR ensures timely communication with new leads as they come in and gives each prospect a warm and insightful first contact with Align. You get to help people see how they can grow their business. This role also will work directly with marketing and Sales Leadership to continue developing an Outbound Sales approach to increase market share. Your job is to set the sales team up for success!
Please note: We are not accepting inquiries from recruiters for this position.
- Contacting all new leads that come to the Align or Scoreboard website in a timely and efficient manner
- Meet and exceed call, meeting setting, and opportunity targets by getting customers to further engage with our sales team and content
- Act as the primary liaison between prospects and the Align sales team by contacting, discovering information about leads, and scheduling time for them to see our tools and learn more.
- Proactively identify, react, and develop an action plan to increase contact and conversion rate of all leads
- Support and participate in all functions of the sales team including, but not limited to, email sequencing, proactive outreach, sales support, reporting – both internal and external, and lead quality analysis.
- Actively own and execute outbound sales strategy to expand lead generation
- Follow internal standards and processes for successful customer outreach and make suggestions for improvement of all phases of the process.
- Ensure timely updates in Salesforce, Align and other internally utilized reporting platforms.
- Learn every aspect of the software to the expert level and be able to support questions, best practices, and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated ability to work solo as well as being a productive team member, making 40+ hot Lead outbound calls every day, and be willing to dedicate 25% of outreach calls to cold leads that match the customer profile
Proven Experience to:
- Thrive in a rapidly changing, high-energy, high-expectations environment. Need to be a self starter!
- Pick up softwares quickly and familiarity with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Outreach.io, Hubspot, Salesforce, Zapier is a big bonus!
- Be flexible, learn from mistakes, and adapt quickly
- Beat targets and be goal driven – this position will have call, email, meeting, and demo setting quotas
- Bachelors degree
- Like to be on the phone and thrive in the startup environment
- Well spoken, comfortable on video conferencing and prospecting to new leads
- Always be learning!
- Need to be able to present yourself in a respectable manner to Executive C-level contacts
- Takes initiative and actively suggests ways to improve the processes you own
- Experience in email content writing, cold calling, retail sales, marketing or similar fields is a plus!
- Desire to learn sales and progress to a closing sales position in 12-18 months.
NOTE: Submit resume and cover letter as a PDF. Cover Letter is strongly recommended.
We believe companies achieve greatness by creating a culture of continuous improvement and by aligning the power of every employee to focus and exceed their goals. We provide the tools to get every employee working together every day to complete the work needed to meet the biggest long-term company goals. Thousands of teams in over 76 countries are achieving goals that are making their companies successful.
We are a team of people obsessed with helping companies achieve greatness. Helping companies succeed has never been more important. As companies achieve greatness the global economy and the livelihood of billions of people around the world thrive.
We have big plans for our business and are looking for motivated people that want to help build something great!