To align your company, every team member needs to be on the same page when it comes to goals. While the Align software helps track your goals, making sure everyone on your team’s mindset is aligned is a whole other challenge.
One of our favorite ways to keep teams motivated and engaged is with motivational quotes. We use the slides at the start or end of meetings to set the tone and focus our energy. Last year, we created a slideshow of some of our favorite quotes designed on ready-to-use slides and shared it as a resource for our clients and others to use in their huddles and strategic planning meetings. The response was amazing, and we got lots of requests for more, especially after most everyone was thrust into managing remote teams.
Our team created this new slideshow featuring 41 quotes from business leaders, CEOs, athletes, pioneers and more. The quotes are separated into five categories we find important for teams right now: Opportunity, Innovation, Hard Work, Teamwork, and Focus.
All the quotes are listed in the blog post below, but you can also download the entire ready-to-use slideshow here as either a PDF or PowerPoint.
We hope you both and enjoy these quotes and inspire your team with them.
We’re always on the lookout for even more great quotes. If you have a favorite quote you think we should include next time, please share it with us!
1. The world’s biggest problems are the world’s biggest business opportunities. – Peter Diamandis
2. If a window of opportunity appears, don’t pull down the shade. – Tom Peters
3. The lure of the distant and the difficult is deceptive. The great opportunity is where you are. – John Burroughs.
4. It is better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one, than to have an opportunity and not be prepared. – Whitney Young Jr.
5. In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity. – Albert Einstein
6. Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don’t recognize them. – Ann Landers
7. A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; and optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. – Winston Churchill
8. The complaining customer represents a huge opportunity for more business. – Zig Ziglar
9. Most people miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. – Thomas Edison
10. Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait too long, you will miss them. – William Arthur Ward
11. Most people miss great opportunities because of their misperception of time. Don’t wait! The time will never be just right. – Stephen C. Hogan
12. To every trend there is a counter-trend. There are a number of pendulums operating and each creates new business opportunities. – Patrick Dixon
13. Every single social and global issue of our day is a business opportunity in disguise. – Peter Drucker
14. Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning. – Benjamin Franklin
15. There is no such thing as failure. Failure is just life trying to move us in another direction. – Oprah Winfrey
16. Change is not a threat, it’s in opportunity. Survival is not the goal, transformative success is. – Seth Godin
17. If you are asked if you can dona job, tell ‘em “Certainly I can!” Then get busy and find out how to do it. – Theodore Roosevelt
18. If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough. – Mario Andretti
19. If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary. – Jim Rohn
Hard Work Quotes
20. Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. – Warren Buffett
21. If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time. – Steve Jobs
22. Whenever an individual or business decides that success has been attained, progress stops. – Thomas J. Watson
23. Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit. – Conrad Hilton.
24. Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it. – Henry David Thoreau
25. Chase the vision, not the money, the money will end up following you. – Tony Hsieh
26. The difference in winning and losing is most often… not quitting. – Walt Disney
27. To think creatively we must be able to look afresh at what we normally take for granted. – George Kneller
28. The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same. – Colin R. Davis
29. Luck is the residue of design. – Branch Rickey
30. The price of inaction is far greater than the cost of a mistake. – Meg Whitman
31. None of us is as smart as all of us. – Ken Blanchard
32. Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. – Hellen Keller
33. If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else. – Booker T. Washington
34. None of us, including me, ever do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful. – Mother Teresa
35. Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. – Michael Jordan
36. Cooperation is the thorough conviction that nobody can get there unless everybody gets there. – Virginia Burden
37. Great things are done by a series of small things brought together. – Vincent Van Gogh
38. The main ingredient of stardom is the rest of the team. – John Wooden
39. Always remember, your focus determines your reality. – George Lucas
40. I don’t focus on what I’m up against. I focus on my goals and I try to ignore the rest. – Venus Williams
41. The enemy of accountability is ambiguity. – Patrick Lencioni