Team culture and motivation are more important than ever. According to Gallup, in today’s workplace, an alarming 70% of employees are not fully engaged at work.
Motivating your employees to perform their best becomes a top priority if you hope to keep your organization moving in the right direction.
Align is in the business of helping organizations achieve their goals, so we’re always on the lookout for innovative ways companies are motivating employees to do their best work.
One engagement strategy we’ve picked up from our clients is to kick off or wrap up planning meetings and daily huddles with a motivational quote. When used to kick off a meeting, these quotes can set the tone for the meeting and frame your company’s strategic efforts. When used to wrap a meeting, you can send your team out inspired to tackle their day.
The right motivational quotes can get your team in the mindset for thinking about your strategic direction or digging deep to execute on priorities. Alongside music or a quarterly theme, quotes can be used to create energy and focus with your team.
We’ve gathered 29 of our favorite motivational quotes around topics we feel are important to building a culture of accountability, positivity, and success: Alignment, Strategy & Execution, Goals, and Teamwork.
In addition to this blog post, we’ve compiled these quotes in a slideshow for easy display on monitors during company meetings or anywhere you’re in need of an extra motivational boost. You can download it here!
17. The tragedy in life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach. – Benjamin Mays
18. Unless you have definite, precise, clearly set goals, you are not going to realize the maximum potential that lies within you. – Zig Ziglar
19. The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don’t define them, or ever seriously consider them as believable or achievable. – Denis Watley
20. A goal properly set is halfway reached. – Zig Ziglar
21. Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. – Tom Landry
22. What gets measured gets done. – John Spence
23. Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results. – Andrew Carnegie
24. In teamwork, silence isn’t golden; it’s deadly. – Mark Sanborn
25. Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success. – Henry Ford
26. Great things in business are never done by one person. They’re done by a team of people. – Steve Jobs
27. No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team. – Reid Hoffman
28. Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. – Michael Jordan
29. Leaps of greatness require the combined problem-solving ability of people who trust each other – Simon Senek
You are hitting your revenue ceiling.
But this doesn’t have to be the case. With Align you can get the whole company on the same page, remove shiny object syndrome and focus on the tasks that need to get done to grow your company. Fast.